Friday, May 10, 2013

Sherwin Williams Dover White & Sherwin Williams Creamy Paint & A Bit Of Whimsey

 
The trim is being painted a soft creamy color called Sherwin Williams Dover White and the walls are being painted a Sherwin Williams color called Creamy.  There is only a slight contrast between the two colors but I wanted a feeling that was soft and light.   The rooms are small in scale so a light color will help make the rooms look airy. 
 
Below is something that I've thought a lot about.  I painted the ceiling a pale blue!  My family isn't keen on the idea but there's a reason for it.  I think the pale blue ceiling adds a bit of whimsy to the cottage, adds color and contrast.  I've been reading and I've heard that it's not uncommon to paint porch ceilings a pale blue.  It's an old custom that is prevalent in the south.  Apparently, painting the porch ceiling blue wards of spirits and bugs.  Whether it's true or not...I don't know... it's a conversation starter and kind of fun.  So it's a blue ceiling in the family room!  The ceiling is painted Sherwin Williams Sky High. 
 


No comments: